I thought I would discuss a little about in-office whitening. There are many products out there, however the Zoom whitening systems is currently the most effective.
Our patients simply rave about the results they have gotten!
So I thought I would describe the process of getting a Zoom whitening in Our Office.
Preparation leading up to the application of the whitening agent and light is very important. In fact the whitening agents can cause a great deal of discomfort if not properly applied. We have our most experienced and talented clinician prepare the whitening.
Here's what's involved:
1) Examine your teeth - if you have large composite fillings, or crowns - they won't get whiter.
So you need to make sure all your teeth end up the same color!
2)Examine for gum recession. As we get older, our gums often recede and lead to root exposure. If whitening agent touches this - pain results! Usually proper isolation can overcome this.
3) If you've passed the screening, then we start.
4)We comfortably position you in our state-of-the-art dental chair.
5) We use gauze to isolate your lips.
6) We protect your tongue.
7) A special "plastic like" material is brushed on your gums to protect them.
Gums can get minor burns from whitening agents.
8) We carefully apply whitening agent only on the teeth - not the gums!
9) We carefully cycle through three applications of the whitening agent and light.
10) We remove all the protective material.
You now have a incredibly white smile!
I hope you can see that in-office whitening is a complicated process. It normally takes us 90 minutes. It is safe and effective - if applied with experienced hands!
We Zoom whiten several patients a month. So call and make an appointment.